We welcome donations and, as a registered charity in Canada under the Income Tax Act, can therefore issue tax receipts for donations of $20 or more made to the Friends of NAC Orchestra.
To Donate Online
To Donate via CanadaHelps
To Donate by Mail
Please send a cheque, made payable to Friends of the NAC Orchestra, to:
Friends of the NAC Orchestra
PO Box 4839, Station E
Ottawa ON K1P 5H9
We thank all our donors for their generous support!
The Friends of the NAC Orchestra is a registered charitable organization (BN 12895 5929 RR0001).
The Friends of the National Arts Centre Orchestra are a dedicated group working to support the orchestra in a variety of music related activities. Our volunteers have many responsibilities, including the following:
- help at the Student Matinee concerts;
- help with auditions for the NACO Bursary concert;
- assist the Orchestra at the annual Christmas NACO charity FanFair
- work at the Family Adventures children’s concerts;
- assist the NAC Music Department in required office work when needed;
- contribute articles for our Con Brio newsletter;
- sell memberships as needed
Requirements/RestrictionsBilingualism is preferred, but not mandatory.
Volunteers who work with the vulnerable must successfully complete a Police Records Check for Service with the Vulnerable Sector (PRC). This is a National Arts Centre requirement. The check is free for anyone who needs it for volunteer work. The NAC will provide the necessary letter and requirement details. A PRC from another organization is acceptable. This is now policy for all new volunteers in whatever capacity they choose to offer their services. Interested in being part of our dynamic team? Email: Volunteers@FriendsOfNACO.ca.